A dental implant is a replacement for the root(s) of a tooth.
Like tooth roots, dental implant are secured in the jawbone. They are used to secure crowns, bridgework or dentures by a variety of means. Titanium and titanium alloys are the most widely used metals.
Dental Implants provide a superior solution to replacing missing teeth because they provide luminous, natural-looking results. If you have lost one or more of your teeth due to injury, disease, or decay, you have a number of tooth replacement options, including dental implants.
Schedule a FREE consultation now and find out if implants are right for you!
- Allow you to eat foods that are otherwise considered too difficult for chewing.
- Do not irritate gums.
- Do not slip or slide, like other tooth replacement options.
- Restore your smile and speech with the look, feel, and function of natural, healthy teeth.
- Stay secure without the use of adhesives or clasps.
- Can be inserted without cutting down your healthy teeth.
- Stop the progression of bone loss or jaw bone shrinkage, which occurs when teeth are missing.
Who Is a Candidate?
Most adults who are missing one or more teeth are candidates for dental implants. If you have enough bone to accommodate the tooth replacements, you could be a good candidate for dental implant surgery. Even if there is not enough bone to perform the treatment, our team is trained in advanced procedures that can graft bone and stimulate jawbone growth. If you are looking for a better alternative to dentures or bridges, you may find that dental implant surgery is well worth the time.
If you are missing one or more teeth, consider the benefits of dental implants for tooth replacement. Please call our office for a free consultation and X-rays.